ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-07 > 1120385027

From: "Caroline" <>
Subject: Re: CHRISTIE - 1861 Boarding school, Harlow
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:03:47 +0100

Colleen

I have just found a snippet of information - but how accurate it is I don't
know (it is from the booklet 'The Way We Worked' from the Old Harlow
Memories Group - do you have it ?). It says -

'St. Mary's College was opened in 1862 as a boarding school for boys,
although it did also take day pupiles later on. It was closed in 1964 and
the building demolished in 1965. The site is now occupied by Jocelyns'.

The woman who wrote this worked in the kitchens there in the 1930's.

Caroline