ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-05 > 1117545566

From: "Michael Gallafent" <>
Subject: RE: [Ess] DOE of Stoke and ARGENT & BOREHAM marriage
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:19:34 +0100

Hello Bob,
It's possible that your families have also Suffolk roots. I only
have the indexes but I note that Richard ARGENT of Stoke-by-Clare has a
published will in 'Wills of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury 1630-1635' edited by
Nesta Evans, Volume XXIX of the Suffolk Record Society. In the same volume
may be found the published will of Stephen DOE of Hopton. A companion volume
(XXXV, 1636-1638) also by Nesta Evans lists the published wills of Edith
ARGENT of Wixhoe and Margaret DOE of Botesdale. The Suffolk Record Office
should be able to assist.

Mike.

Mike Gallafent : Publisher of Family History CDs
Published Wills of Kent; Early Inhabitants of Kent
Published Wills of Surrey; Lay Subsidy Rolls of Surrey 1593/4
Published Wills of London (Court of Husting 1258-1688)
Strangers, Aliens & Foreigners; Middlesex Oath Rolls 1641/2