ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-05 > 1115636012

From: "robert" <>
Subject: Essex Ancestors - where did yours live?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 20:53:32 +1000

As far back as I've so far got with my MILLERs (1815) they started in
Limehouse, then moved to West Ham/East Ham/Hornchurch.
I was born in Hackney (the Sally Army Mothers' Home) but lived in
Leytonstone until I married in 1970, then moved to Goodmayes for a couple of
years before buying an end-terrace house in Banbury.
After 11 years in Banbury we emigrated out to Brisbane in 1981.
We visited the West Ham & East London cemeteries last September, while on a
visit to UK for a Whitelaw family wedding in South Shields, to see (for the
first time) the graves of the MILLER gt g'parents & my husband's mother, as
well as Hornchurch to visit my parents' grave.
The West Ham streets have now gone - probably care of the blitz or
redevelopment.

Pat Whitelaw
Brisbane