ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-05 > 1115555407

From: "Mavis & Peter" <>
Subject: Essex Ancestors - where did yours live?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 20:35:47 +0800

My direct line CAVILLS from the late 1400's to the late 1800's came from(in
chronological order):

1. High Roding
2. Sheering
3. Lambourne(End) including Hainault Forest
4. Chigwell Row

Apart from High Roding,( and only because I did not know it at the time when
I went back to England for a holiday), I have visited and walked on the
"Land Of My Fathers", so to speak. There is a walk in what's left of
Hainault Forest, called, "Cavill's Walk"; which I have had signposted at my
own expense at each end of the walk with an inscribed brass plaque. In the
late 1870's, this direct Cavill line moved to Winchmore Hill in North
London, and then on to Enfield in North Middlesex(now London).

Pete Cavill
Western Australia
ex Enfield, North Middlesex/London

This thread: