ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-05 > 1115511004

From: "Colleen" <>
Subject: Re: SPRINGHAM, LEE, and more - Epping
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 01:10:04 +0100

There were a lot of Springhams in Sawbridgeworth, Bishops Stortford and
around Pye Corner, Hertfordshire all of which are not that far away from
Epping. There was a considerable amount of migration between the these
places and Epping for some reason I've never understood. I think a move to
Epping was a move up market for many people, it was always quite a
prosperous town with large numbers of people passing through it and stopping
overnight at one of Epping's many inns on their way to and from London.

Colleen