ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-01 > 1106476859

From: Steve Taylor <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] Help needed decyphering address on 1891 Census image
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:40:59 +0000

For the location have a look at ref 577785,211845 on

That shows the other addresses on the page and is what is now called
Terling Hall Road. I would guess that "The Wick" is Hatfield Wick on the
1881 map, and there are certainly some old cottages along that road,
though I have not been there for over a year.

Taylor, Maggs, Forster, Dobson, Pringle, Wilson, Tate, Hetherington,
Hume, Hogg, Mackey in Northumberland & Durham UK
Barnard, Dowsett, Smith, Wendon, Rudkin in Essex UK
Caddy in Cornwall UK
Maggs, Plummer in Somerset UK

Tony Rolfe wrote:

>I wonder if anyone could look at
>My family is James Bright, wife and son, starting on the seventh line
>The street address looks like "Sew the Wish", which doesn't seem likely
>to me. Also, Ancestry gives the son's name as "Ealin John". I've
>never heard of Ealin as a forename, so could anyone give me a clue as
>to what it might really be?
>Many thanks

This thread: