ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-01 > 1106149948

From: "stewart bishop" <>
Subject: Unknown Location mystery
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:53:24 -0000

Hi everyone

During my family research I have come across a Henrietta SELLERS who
married my GGrandfather James COWLING 15.09.1872 in Haslingden,
Lancashire.

I've found Herietta SELLERS on the 1871 census aged 25yrs lodging in
Spotland, Bacup, Lancashire. It shows her place of birth as Essex,
ColleyWessian.

I've searched everywhere to find Colleywessian but it appears not to
exist. It could be simply an error on the transcriber's part but I've
looked at the original and it does look right.

Does anyone know of this place or similar in the Essex area.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Stewart Bishop
Stafford
Staffordshire

It has removed 38239 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

This thread: