ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2005-01 > 1105291182

From: "Alec" <>
Subject: Re: [Ess] SPOONER of LEEDS, ESSEX and KENT, ENGLAND
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:19:47 -0000

Hi Dick and thanks,

QUOTE "...I'm sure what has been indexed as Mileport is actually
Wickford....."
You're undoubtedly right.

QUOTE ".....Why do you think there should be a link, as James does not
appear to have a daughter named Harriet?....."
It is a long story of a photograph-postcard from an unknown Aunt of my
Maternal Grandmother who died before I was born. The photograph can be seen
in the VISITOR'S GALLERY at http://www.compter.org/ the gist of the
connection is below with a link to the full trail and details
Alec

SALLIE TIBBS [Unknown Aunt of Maternal Grandmother EDITH [EDIE] MAUDE
BENNETT nee SPOONER] Date of photo , possibly first decade of 1900's
Nothing is known of this person other than a postcard sent from London,
England to my maternal grandmother, in Kent 7-9-1929

Text from the postcard is;
Dear Edie
I came out of Institution last week am at 3 Rutland Street. I hope you are
better and all the others well.
With love from Aunt Sallie
S. Tibbs

Thanks to Susie this is now an intriguing 'SUCCESS STORY' of adulterous love
and eventual marriage. My Connection is through this and a relative
marriage to a relation of my great- grandmother Spooner. The full, lengthy
trail can be seen in the 'Forum' in the 'Surnames British Isles' section
http://www.whocarez.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1669