ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-11 > 1101253883

From: "Dave Tredgett" <>
Subject: RE: The Fidlers Theydon Garnon
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:51:30 -0000

Heather,

The Fiddlers is both a Hamlet and public house. Originally in the parish
of Theydon Garnon, Fiddlers Hamlet is east of Epping, around the
intersection of Stewards Green Road, Mount Road (to Theydon Mount) and
Coopersale Street. The public house The Merry Fiddlers, is on the
junction opposite Coopersale Street. It's quite old, I believe going
back to 17th Century, and now has a small restaurant which does quite a
nice meal. And for families with children there is a large play area in
the field at the rear of the pub.

You will also find it mentioned by in Fred Browns essay about Coopersale
and Epping on Pam Hugills Website.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pambishop/genie/Fred%20Brown/Fred%20Eyes%20
Coopersale.htm

(incidentally a number of my family are mentioned too).

This link should help you find it...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=547328&y=201363&z=1&sv=547250,20
1250&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Dave T