ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-10 > 1099091522

From: "Edwin and Cornelia Moore" <>
Subject: vicar general
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:12:09 -0700

I've found a marriage that might be for my 7x great grandparents at English
Origins. I don't know their names, but have a clue from my 6x great
grandfather's marriage record that his mother's name was probably Priscilla.
as there is only one Priscilla in all Boyds index married to a Hawkins, I'm
very curious to know more about it. problem is, all it says is vicar
general. this doesn't help me know where the marriage took place. who was
the vicar general and did he have jurisdiction over a section of England or
all of it? other than ordering this record, how do I find out if the
marriage was in Essex?
Cornelia

This thread: