ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1096182253

From: "Marine" <>
Subject: Coop Tickets
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:04:13 +0100

When I look at the memories we are all putting out some of which were not much different between London where I was born and Essex, and Sussex where I live, now I wonder what my grand children's memories will be
The only significant thing that happens in my street now is the dustman on a Thursday, or the occasional double glazing salesman, there is not even a milk delivery anymore no chink of bottles early in the morning
I never thought in the 1950's that I would end up living with the grand daughter of the winkle man as the Attrell, Ponts and Reeves in my research were all Fish Hawkers.
My partner is the daughter of an Attrell whose mother was Pont and her late husband was a Reeves.
They were also barrow boys (here you are lady fresh tomatoes tanner a pound) look out Fred here comes a "Rozzer" or a "Scuffer" and they were gone.
And what about the Rag and Bone man??????
Roger
Royal Marines
Member RMHS
Researching Copelin, Attrell, Reeves, Deacon & Pont

This thread: