ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1096154543

From: "Pam Downes" <>
Subject: Re:Coop tickets
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:30:01 +0100

The most important thing is that we remember to write down these memories
for our great- great- great grandchildren to read. And include photos or
drawings of people/shops/household items. And a map of the town/village when
you were young. How many towns now have pedestian-only centres where there
used to be two-way traffic? And how about the routes of the the railway
lines that Beeching closed down?
Our Co-op was like a corner shop, and the manager (Charlie) was not only
able to remember my mum's number (138008) but almost everyone else's as
well.
Now can we have a show of hands from those who can't remember the pin number
for their bank card. <vbg>

Pam Downes
I use http://www.archivecdbooks.org in my research