ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1096143787

Subject: Re: Coop Tickets
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:23:07 EDT

writes:

Going back down memory lane, does anyone remember the White's fizzy drink
van coming round once a week, the winkle man and the knife grinder?
Patti

Well, I recall the Corona man (in Nottingham, early 1950s) bringing soft
drinks. A knife grinder called once, in the late 1960s or possibly even 1970s
(Kings Lynn, Norfolk). No winkle man though as far as I recall

--

Mike Stone - Peterborough, England

For the strength of the hills we bless thee, Our God, our fathers' God.
Though hast made thy children mighty By the touch of the mountain sod.
Thou hast led thy chosen Israel To freedom's last abode
For the strength of the hills we bless thee Our God, our fathers God.

This thread: