ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1096126242

From: "Marion Teague" <>
Subject: Swapping research, photos etc (was Essex research - costs me an arm and a leg!)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:30:42 +0100

Hi Colleen, Delia and all those interested.

I broached this subject on another list a couple of years ago. The thing is
RAOGK (Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness) DOES exist for this purpose so
anyone interested should sign up! I haven't had many enquiries from it,
until for for some reason they moved my offer to take photos in the New
Forest to Yorkshire instead of Hampshire. They haven't sorted it yet!.

Perhaps because it is American in origin (you have to hunt for England) it
hasn't had as much publicity here as it should. Anyway, here is a direct
link to the England pages. Maybe if more of us volunteer they'll treat us
less like a baby sister!!

http://www.raogk.org/england.htm

Marion in Hampshire