ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1096111962

From: <>
Subject: RE: Essex research - costs me an arm and a leg!
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:32:42 +0100

Hi all,
I have been following this strand that Colleen started. I think
some of you know me, but if you don't, I have two sites largely with
1841 census indexs and transcriptions available for free search.
I also get to the ERO about once a month, and lastly, I have some
brilliant resources on CD and microfiche which are not generally
available, plus the famous Ancestry access etc.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am willing to do research
for anyone but I am also fund raising for a group of 24 youngsters to go
to Kenya in July 2005, to cover their project costs only. These are
around £21,000. So, for a charitable donation, I will bust a gut to find
information for anyone.
Here is a link to give you an idea of the project, and mentions
the 1841 site too. http://essex1841.com/Kenya2005.htm The raffle is
tomorrow, so ignore this entry, I will update this, this afternoon.
If you would prefer to send cheques to home address, I will post
this to individuals.
I am a very good researcher, and gain nothing from this
personally apart from supporting an excellent charitable project.
Apologies if you do not get replies from me until tomorrow afternoon -
other business calls.
Best
Kevan

Good idea, Greg! I've often wondered why we family history researchers
don't
have a site where we could all swap look ups/photos from our particular
parts
of the world/country. I'd love to do this. There is the Random Acts Of
Genealogical Kindness (RAGK) site, of course, but users don't swap and
so
often RAGK doesn't have researchers in the areas where we need research.
Good old Kevan Wilding does some look ups too - of 1841 censuses, I
think.

Colleen