ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-09 > 1094761217

From: "Lawrence Greenall" <>
Subject: RE: Lea Bridge, Essex
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:24:33 +0100

Sorry Mary, I just noticed that you're in Oz.

Lea bridge Road, in Leyton which was before 1974 in Essex but is now part of
London, is a very long and bust high street full of shops and businesses of
all types, and has been for well over a century. In fact the road is sort of
a landmark in the colloquial rather than topographical sense, many people
describing the locality as 'Lea Bridge Road' so I suppose dropping the
'road' wouldn't be improbable. If you own a London streetmap, you're bound
to find it in the index.

Lawrence

This thread: