ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1092931854

From: "diane lord" <>
Subject: Re: Hutch (was bunting hutch)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:10:54 +0200

Hi List ...

Reading the topic on bunting has led me to think:

bunting - to sift something through a cosley woven cloth
hutch - Cage, box, casket, couch

So if we add the two we get a box, cage or casket draped with cloth in order
to sift something. And I suppose in this case it was to sift the bits and
pieces out of whatever was being brewed.

So the bunting room was the room, in which the bunting was done?!?

Just a thought ...

greetings from germany
Diane Lord