ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1092820319

From: RQMS - Royal Hospital Chelsea <>
Subject: RE: Adaliza HART
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:11:59 +0100

Josi,
Whilst it may not actually sound that inspiring, the place in question was
actually the Royal Army Clothing Depot (Grosvenor Road Chelsea)and was
responsible for the manufacture and supply of the Army's "uniforms and
necessaries" as they went abroad to maintain the Empire.

I just thought it would tie in well to the other fascinating thread that is
ongoing. I too had an ancestor who worked there at the turn of the century
and was also a resident of Battersea.

John Rochester
RQMS
Health & Safety Adviser