ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1092760616

From: Anne Peat <>
Subject: Re: Adaliza HART
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:38:53 +0100

Josi,
It's such an unusual name that I looked for just the forename
There's an Adaliza Greenall aged 3 a granddaughter living with John
Tucker in West Ham in 1871 - the only one in Essex
Your Adaliza doesn't seem to be around anywhere else in England in the
1871 - there is no-one who is married who is old enough.
However in 1891 there is an Adaliza Allen in Park Road Battersea, but
she is only 39 ( so too young to be married in 1858) and he husband is
Robert, a ship owner.
Could you find SKS with some 1837online credits who will look and see
if there is a Thomas Henry Allen in the same quarter marriages?
Anne
On 17 Aug 2004, at 16:58, Songbird wrote:

> HART Adaliza Halstead 4a 403
> Sept Q 1854 Marriage
>
> I can't find this lady's husband anywhere. I've tried
> Ancestry.co.uk and FreeBMD and can
> only find her. I want to know if she was one of my
> G,grandfather's wives or not. If so, she will be Mrs Thomas Henry
> ALLEN.
> Any suggestions apart from buying a cert. for £25, for someone
> who might be a complete stranger, gratefully received.
>
> Cheers
> Josi

This thread: