ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1091692066

Subject: Re: Tiptree, Maypole Pub photo
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 03:47:50 EDT

writes:

I've heard of the Order of Water Rats, but not of Water Buffaloes! My
father is a member of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes
(commonly known as Buffs), which has been going well over a hundred
years.

Mine too, though he hasn't been "active" for many years

The only "Water Buffaloes" I know are the ones Fred Flintstone belongs to. I
don't know if there is any real organisation of that name

--

Mike Stone - Peterborough, England

For the strength of the hills we bless thee, Our God, our fathers' God.
Though hast made thy children mighty By the touch of the mountain sod.
Thou hast led thy chosen Israel To freedom's last abode
For the strength of the hills we bless thee Our God, our fathers God.

This thread: