ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1091661841

From: "Pam Downes" <>
Subject: Re: Tiptree, Maypole Pub photo
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:24:01 +0100

In the September 2004 issue of 'Practical Family History' magazine someone
has written with a query about the 'Order of Buffaloes'.
From the reply given, it seems that the official title is 'The Royal
Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes' or RAOB for short, and was formed in 1822.
Details of two websites are given
www.raob.com
which is the international site
and www.raobgle.org.uk
which is the RAOB Grand Lodge of England site.

Pam Downes
I use http://www.archivecdbooks.org in my research and for my further
education