ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1091653287

From: "Lawrence Greenall" <>
Subject: RE: Tiptree, Maypole Pub photo
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:04:50 +0100

My grandad F H Greenall (born 1907 at Upshire) was a lifelong member of the
Grand Order of Water Buffaloes which indeed was/is? a similar sort of
philanthropic setup to the Masons. I believe I even tried to track them down
a couple of decades ago, and found that they then held regular meetings in
one of our local pubs, so maybe they're still wallowing about as strongly as

This thread: