ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-08 > 1091653287

From: "Lawrence Greenall" <>
Subject: RE: Tiptree, Maypole Pub photo
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:04:50 +0100

My grandad F H Greenall (born 1907 at Upshire) was a lifelong member of the
Grand Order of Water Buffaloes which indeed was/is? a similar sort of
philanthropic setup to the Masons. I believe I even tried to track them down
a couple of decades ago, and found that they then held regular meetings in
one of our local pubs, so maybe they're still wallowing about as strongly as
ever?

Lawrence

This thread: