ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-05 > 1084759719

From: Heather Brown <>
Subject: Essex - New to list
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:08:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi & Thank you for the welcoming e-mail.

I'm new to this list. I am also new to genealogy -
having a great time learning.:). I am researching the
following family names CLAY (originally from Kent &
Old Ford), ROBSON (origanlly from Durham, Liverpool,
and Surrey, BROWNS (originally from Herrick Essex &
Suffolk)some family members immigrated to Canada.

My grandmother is the main reason for joining this
list. This is the information that I have received
from IlFORD ESSEX 1901 Census:

John EDward Robson, 30, born London Rotherhithe,
Commercial Clerk.
Gertrude Hannah Clay, 30, born London Old Ford
Margaret, 1m, born Ilford, Essex. (my grandmother)

At the end of June my niece will be travelling to
England and wondering if SKS would look up this census
for an address. Would love to find out if that house
is still there so my niece could see the outside of
it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Heather Brown