ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-04 > 1081417727

From: "John Mead" <>
Subject: 1851 LOOK-UPS - A BIG PROBLEM
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:48:47 +0100

Hi All

I have been instructed by the Essex Society for Family History to cease offering look-ups from their census indexes. It seems that they are worried about loss of sales, though this is 'wrapped up' in an accusation of infringement of copywrite! This, despite the fact that I advertised them and recommended members of this list to buy them.
As I enjoyed helping others, this, I must say, is a great disappointment. I am parting company with the Society at my next renewal date.
I have other source material, nothing connected with them, that I might be able to use, but I will have to investigate copywrite first.

Good hunting to all,

John

www.archivecdbooks.org help me in my research

John Mead - bookseller since 1982