ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2004-03 > 1078695836

From: "Alan Bird" <>
Subject: Re: CLARKE - Alfred - Heybridge Cannibal
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:43:56 -0000

Many thanks for this Colleen. If Alfred is one of mine, he's not one I have
located yet - I have a John Clarke who married Sarah Guymer and was a sailor
in 1841, and a deal porter by 1851. His son William worked as a ship
carpenter, then a porter. He had a brother Alfred (b. 1845- could be the
father of the Alfred you mention?) Sarah's father William Guymer was a
mariner as well, and actually lived on the Hythe - hence my interest in the
book. I'm going to buy it!

Alan