ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-10 > 1065531526

Subject: Re: Hempstead War Memorial names WW1
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:58:46 EDT

Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the trouble to write down that list. At least one of the
names is 'mine' - Harry COLMAN - who was my fourth cousin once removed, and I
had no idea that he had been in the 'Great War', let alone killed. He was a
son of William Thomas COLMAN and Frances Eliza MYHILL, who lived and farmed at
Winchlow Hall, Hempstead. I don't know who Hugh Charles COLMAN was (and I
can't find him on the CWGC website) but he may have been a brother of Harry and
another cousin of mine.

Thanks again!

Geoffrey Woollard in Cambridgeshire.

This thread: