ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-09 > 1064804587

From: "Len Dent" <>
Subject: Re: Ian Puppy Hunter, perhaps a little contribution to medical science!
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:03:51 +1000

That's a very interesting message Michael.
However, when it comes to genealogy, correct spelling is SO important. The
original record may have been mis-spelled, the transcription from that
record may have also been mis-spelled (some are very difficult to see
properly) so we have to be very careful not to make additional mistakes.
When a message contains several spelling errors, it reduces our confidence
in the spelling of the names themselves, and sometimes even changes the
actual meaning of the message.
I think it would be a good idea if we all took a little extra effort to get
our spelling right!

Len,
in Australia (better not put OZ, in the circumstances)