ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-07 > 1057154201

From: "Pam Downes" <>
Subject: Re: LMA
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:06:33 +0100

LMA stands for London Metropolitan Archives and they have records for
various parts of London which in ye olde days used to be Middlesex, Surrey,
Essex, Kent.

Being lazy, www.corpoflondon.gov.uk

click leisure and heritage (across the top)

then click 'libraries, archives, museums' (left-hand side)

(The actual address is about 50 letters, numbers and spaces long, and
therefore prone to mis-spelling when done manually, like I have to.)

They have a searchable data base but it is handy to know the current London
borough your search belongs in. One tip is that when you type in a church
name you have to type in 'Saint' as opposed to just 'St'.

Pam