ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-05 > 1053444848

Subject: Re: DIXEY
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:34:40 -0400

In an email dated Mon, 19 May 2003 5:46:19 pm GMT, "Maggs Gurney" <> writes:

>Hi Eric and all
>
>Further to this message, I'm sorry but the website address is incorrect.
>Could I please correct the web address for FreeBMD.  The correct address -
>this one takes you straight to the search page - is:
>
>http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Hi Maggs

I usually give just the Home Page out for FreeBMD so that people can see:

- there is more to it than just a search for certs
- there are limitations to the data
- they want more volunteers to transcribe the data!

If you just go to the Search page you miss out on some useful info.

However I take your point, but the address can also be http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

For those in the UK this seems a bit quicker than the version accessed via Rootsweb

Eric

This thread: