ESSEX-UK-L ArchivesArchiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-05 > 1052652479
From: "Ann SHERMAN" <>
Subject: Fw: virus alert
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 12:27:59 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: CHEWY SMITH
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 8:53 PM
Subject: virus alert
A virus has been passed to me and also to each person in my address book through email. Make sure you follow these instructions immediately to eradicate the virus.
The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or MacAfee anti-virus systems. This virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send emails to your contacts. Here's how to check for the virus and to get rid of it. It only takes a minute or so but could save you a major headache later.
1. Go to start, then go to the find/search option.
2. In the file/folder option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C-drive and all the subfolders and any other drives you may have. (Click on the box to include subfolders).
4. Click 'Find Now'.
5. The virus has a gray teddybear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN IT.
6. Go to Edit on the menu bar and choose 'select all' to highlight the file without opening it.
7. Now go to File(on the menu bar) and select 'delete'. It will then go to the recycle bin.
8. Go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well.
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To do this:
1. Open a new email message.
2. Click the icon of the address book next to the 'to'.
3. Highlight every name and add to 'BCC'.
4. Copy all this message,enter subject and paste to email and send.
|Fw: virus alert by "Ann SHERMAN" <>|