ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2003-01 > 1043285884

From: "Kevan Wilding" <>
Subject: Re: St Laurence Church
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:38:10 +0000

Hi all,
Just for the record. I think is is time to put this baby to bed. I
don't claim to be intelligent, and full of something or other (or else what
would i Be doing on the computer at 1.16 when I have to be up again at
around 7.00).
Anyway, I decided I would never make a public statement on this site
again, but some of the comments are beginning to annoy a little, so here
goes.
I have just updated a copy of some of the Chelmsford marriages to my
web-site. It is all plagiarism, but it is all free. I have no commercial
interests in gaining any favour from the work that I do (that excludes me
from the Tory party straight away!).
If it has not updated yet, you can find the page at :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevw/Clemsfor_marriages.htm

Be prepared for a wait when logging on,this will be remedied
eventualy.

I think that what I like abot this subject, is that the information is
not actually owned by anyone, and thereore I can repeat the details of the
people (for free )and usurp the greedy ones who might want to sell it.
If intersted, check out the 1881 census on CD, an absolut snippet at
around 30 (including postage). But do not buy the 1891 census which is
deemd to not be very good, or the 1851 which is a 2% sample and this is not
made clear, and is availabel for free anyway, if you know how to get it.
Blah blah.
My wife has just threatened to divorce me if I do not come to bed. How
did women ever get the vote?
Best
Kevan
(Apologies for the long one)

>From: "Alec" <>
>Subject: Re: St Laurence Church
>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:33:08 -0000
>
>For those who think gravestones and churches are irrelevant to genealogy I
>proffer the words of Thomas Gray, probably most famous for his 'Elegy In A
>Country Churchyard'
>".......where ignorance is bliss,
> 'Tis folly to be wise."
>
>I, for one, have gained from such searches and I am sure there are others.
>Alec

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059

This thread: