ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-12 > 1041066443

From: "G Morris" <>
Subject: Re: Canvey Island
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:07:46 -0000

Hi Jan

A 1953 copy of the Essex Countryside magazine gives the population figures
for Canvey as; 1851 - 111, 1911 - 583, 1921 - 1795, 1924 - 3000, 1938 -
6579, 1951 - 11,215.
Two men, R Prout & F Prout, from Canvey took part in the Olympic games as
canoeists but it does not say which year!
Good luck with this
Glynis