ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-12 > 1039127426

From: "Brenda Koster" <>
Subject: Re: What on earth is a "quack ovlo"?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:30:26 +1000
References: <>

Adrian, I wonder if "quack" might read "quirk"?

Quirk bead - small moulding of a semicircular section which sits even with
the surface

In this case, perhaps shaped like a lambs tongue (ovlo)? Given what I've
seen of lamb's tongues at the butcher's shop, I must admit to being
extremely curious about the appearance of the finished product <G>


Brenda Koster (Brisbane, Australia)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Gray" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:51 PM
Subject: What on earth is a "quack ovlo"?

> No, I'm not going mad - that happened ages ago...
> I'm currently deciphering some old undertakers accounts and every now and
> "quack ovlo" appears - the spellings are various, and the first word in
> particular is not always very clear. But that is my best rendition so
> It has appeared a couple of times added in margins and a couple of times
in the
> main entry where the coffin furniture is being described so...
> What the hell is it?
> Adrian

This thread: