ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-12 > 1039125405

From: "Brenda Koster" <>
Subject: Re: What on earth is a "quack ovlo"?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:56:45 +1000
References: <>

Hello Adrian,

A somewhat confusing google search came up with:
Ovlo - over voltage lockout (doesn't sound like undertakers' terminology) or
Ovlo or lambs tongue mould -
This is referred to by Hall Brothers Builders & Joiners of Colchester.
They had a phone number 01 206298746, or can be emailed via their website

Not sure about the quack. The only "q" word I can recall is quoin, not
likely to be found on a coffin, but you never know. It has to be a
reference to a decorative or construction detail. For heaven's sake, let us
all know when you find out!


Brenda Koster (Brisbane, Australia)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Gray" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:51 PM
Subject: What on earth is a "quack ovlo"?

> No, I'm not going mad - that happened ages ago...
> I'm currently deciphering some old undertakers accounts and every now and
> "quack ovlo" appears - the spellings are various, and the first word in
> particular is not always very clear. But that is my best rendition so
> It has appeared a couple of times added in margins and a couple of times
in the
> main entry where the coffin furniture is being described so...
> What the hell is it?
> Adrian

This thread: