ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-12 > 1039125405

From: "Brenda Koster" <>
Subject: Re: What on earth is a "quack ovlo"?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:56:45 +1000

Hello Adrian,

A somewhat confusing google search came up with:
Ovlo - over voltage lockout (doesn't sound like undertakers' terminology) or
Ovlo or lambs tongue mould -
This is referred to by Hall Brothers Builders & Joiners of Colchester.
They had a phone number 01 206298746, or can be emailed via their website
http://www.hall-brothers.co.uk/doors.shtml

Not sure about the quack. The only "q" word I can recall is quoin, not
likely to be found on a coffin, but you never know. It has to be a
reference to a decorative or construction detail. For heaven's sake, let us
all know when you find out!

Cheers,

Brenda Koster (Brisbane, Australia)