ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-09 > 1031078884

From: "Ian Hunter" <>
Subject: An Essex Girl fights back!
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:48:04 +0100

Hello me fellow listers,

I hope you'll indulge me, but there was some discussion about Essex
Girls a while back and there was something a little nice and a little
not so nice in the Daily Express recently.

This is the response from a young lady in Harwich:

*Your feature *Essex fights back* was informative and I was pleased that
it did much to dispel the stereotypical Essex Girl myth, but I found the
lower column which listed a number of *Essex Girl* jokes utterly
insulting.

In every county there are those who are not as bright as others and
could be referred to as *bimbos*, so it is unfair to pin the label
solely on Essex. I am a 13-year-old Essex girl and, although I get
teased about being from Essex, I am extremely proud to be one and I hope
everyone else from Essex is glad to be here too.*

Essex Girls are dumb? Nah!

Cheers

Ian Pubby Hunter
Tiptree, Essex

Essex Pubs at: http://www.essexpubs.net

I use Archive CD Books to help with my research
http://www.archivecdbooks.org

---