ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-09 > 1031077591

From: <>
Subject: Re: epidemics
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:26:31 +0000

Hi Vic

My uncle died of diphtheria in St.Pancras London in 1893 - not Chelmsford I know, but I used a search engine and put the term "Epidemic Chelmsford 1891" and did the same for each year following during the 1890's. It came up with mentions of various outbreaks including, diphtheria, smallpox, scarlet fever, influenza and cholera. At this point I started to feel a little unwell myself so gave up the search!!!!!

> From: "Elizabeth Steed" <>
> Date: Tue 03/Sep/2002 12:03 GMT
> Subject: epidemics
> Hi to all, would anyone know if any illness or epidemic health problems were present during the 1890s, i am unable to trace a mother, father, and three children from the 1901 census.To be more precise the area is Chelmsford. regards Vic Steed Aust.

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit or call free on 0800 970 8890

This thread: