ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030832886

From: "Josephine Kemper" <>
Subject: Re: It would be interest me to learn why.......
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 23:29:34 +0100

This is probably because of the new lay-out. They are no longer printed in
the old style, otherwise there would be four or more times as many books to
look through.
The surname is printed only once and the Christian names follow underneath.
This way they can get four columns on a page instead of only two. They are
more closely printed as well. They have been printed like this for at least
the last ten years.The London "business" book had 1052 pages in 1997, the
latest book I have.
Cheers
Josi from London