ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030708672

From: <>
Subject: Re: Re: Show where we live? Be careful!
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:57:52 +0000

Here, Here Colleen,

I don't like to give too much information of where I live or my surname as it can have frightening and worrying consequences.

A few years back I worked in a well known supermarket and they used to insist that you had your surname as well as first name printed on your name badge. Unfortunately from this a rather disturbed individual found my home address and phone number out and plagued me at all hours with threatening phone calls and sent some very disturbing and upsetting mail. To cut a long story short, the police became involved but the culprit was never caught. The supermarket chain now no longer insists on surnames on badges for the employees safety.

I don't wish to make everyone paranoid over this issue but I can say from my own experience Colleen is right - Be Careful!

Heather