ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030635146

From: Chris Collin <>
Subject: Re: Show where we live?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:32:26 -0400

Peter Cavill wrote:

> Is this something that others would find useful?
> Cheers
> Ian Pubby Hunter
> Sunny, Tiptree-under-Sun, Essex
>
> I don't know about useful, Ian; but interesting to me, anyway. People have
> their own reasons for wishing or not wishing to disclose where they live,
> sometimes even the country they live in; and I respect their wishes.
> Pete Cavill
> Kelmscott, Western Australia
> ex Enfield, North Middlesex/London

And, yes, useful!

I have been corresponding to a delightful lady from Saffron Walden recently.
My ancestors lived in and around there for at least 500 years, but I know next
to nothing about the area. She has been able to fill in a lot of the
"background" - little details people often may take for granted when you are
from a place, but of great interest to those of us away. She also filled in
some missing data, information she had about my family not hers!

I often list my own area, as people are often curious about their ancestors
that left home and where they went. I have been able to assist people who had
relatives that came to Canada, and answer questions about Canada in general.

Chris Collin
Searching COLLIN NW Essex 1400-1900
Ottawa, Canada

This thread: