ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030614579

From: "Jo Fox" <>
Subject: Re: It would be interest me to learn why.......
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:54:17 +0100

Became interested when my (deceased) mother's brother died. Got a helping hand from Debrett's/Burke's for that side of the family as we are descended from Sir William FAIRBAIRN (I get a mention in the last Burke's that I saw ..... "& a dau." - what it is to be famous!). Essex connection is my father's side - COLLIS and had help there via a hand-written family tree extract held by my uncle. Unfortunately the full tree from which the extract came disappeared during clear our of a garage ages ago. Most COLLIS connections are now in Devon.

Anyone out there with COLLIS connections, please get in touch off list.

(PS Really useful when folks sign off with where they are from...)

Jo Fox
Bristol, England