ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030414905

Subject: Re: It would be interest me to learn why.......
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:21:45 EDT

I got started searching as our family never knew where my (maternal)
great-grandfather's roots were....He was a Barnardo Home Child, and we only
knew he was an orphan. My research has grown from there....I guess it was
when the "genealogy bug" bit, and I have been hooked since.

I have his roots thus far back to Essex - He was born in Stratford, West Ham
- a son to William George BOULDING and Mary Ann PERRY. (Parents were William
BOULDING and Rachel (SANDFORD @ 1898) James and Sarah PERRY)

It has since branched out from there searching my paternal great-grandparents
(BAYLEY, HARRIS in Staffordshire, ENG; REID, MURRAY, CURRAN, O'NEILL in
Fifeshire SCT), and finding more about my maternal great-great-grandparents.
So, in a way, i am also reposting my Essex Interests. I am searching
BOULDING and PERRY. I have James and Sarah Perry in West Ham Essex as per
the 1881 Census. As noted above, one of the daughters married William George
BOULDING. Eldest daughter Sarah PERRY I believe married Thomas SMITH;
another daughter Fanny PERRY married Ezra BURTON. There were other
children, sons James, Jonathan, George and Charles.

Lisa
in Ontario Canada

This thread: