ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030389723

From: "Kevin Cole" <>
Subject: Re: It would be of interest me to learn why.......
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:23:48 +0100

Hi All

My interest started more then ten years ago with a computer program for the
Atari called family tree I think, where I started to input my family
details. when I asked my in-laws about there name "Linge", my mother-in-Law
kindly informed me that I would not get back past her father-in-law because
he left home when he was a young lad. That would have been before 1902 when
he joined the army. I have traced the family back to 1749 to a Village
called Knettishall on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and have over 600 Linge
names and for the last two years have been a member of the Guild of One Name
Studies.

Kevin Cole
ESFH# 4920
Researching Names: Linge - Lynge - Lingo

LINGE ONE NAME STUDY - - http://www.linge.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
ESSEX GENUKI - - http://www.essexgenuki.org.uk/
ESFH SOUTH EAST ESSEX BRANCH COMPUTER GROUP
http://www.rootsweb.com/~uksosfhc/

This thread: