ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1030378351

Subject: Re: It would be interest me to learn why.......
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:12:31 EDT

Hello

My reason was because at 12 we moved to Hastings and on discovering someone
else with our very rare surname of HEAT in the phone book my father rang the
number.

Well the gentleman replied 'Oh no no, couldn't possibly be' and that was
basically the end of the conversation but not the end of the story.

At 16 I started work in Hastings Library and was able to start researching my
HEAT tree, after a while I was to find that the gentleman was in fact my 3rd
cousin once removed (distant I know but still a relative).

I have now branched out on all lines and it has been a hobby I could keep up
even with 2 small children.

My Essex surnames are GAZZARD, PERRY, PEGRAM, CROUCHMAN, KNOWLING, COOK,
DYER, JAYE, COOK AND HART.

The first 3 names I have researched a lot and the others I am getting to.

Anyway Happy Hunting everyone

Rowena

This thread: