ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1029923648

From: "Ian Hunter" <>
Subject: RE: TWICE in the 1881 census?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:54:08 +0100

I suppose a lot depends on how the enumerator posed the question. *Who
lives here* and *Who is here* have different connotations.

But possibly a wife didn't want to admit hubby was away?

Some folks memories seem to be a bit vague too, grow younger as the
censuses appear, got married when they didn't, changed the names of
their kids and forgot where they were born!

Cheers

Ian Pubby Hunter

Essex Pubs at: http://www.essexpubs.net

I use Archive CD Books to help with my research
http://www.archivecdbooks.org

---