ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-08 > 1028469759

From: "ml&kehawkins" <>
Subject: Re: Courvoisier/Corsellis.
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 00:02:39 +1000

Hi Fred!!

Thanks for posting the information about the Corsellis'. The family was very
prominent in Wivenhoe and Layer Marney from the 1600's to 1899.

I have a photocopy of a 26 page booklet (originally published in 1914) that
sets out the Corsellis Pedigree from 1570 to around 1880 which I would be
happy to donate because it contains many brief descriptions of events
involving this once powerful Essex family - for example, Nicholas Corsellis
III (1661-1728) represented Colchester in Parliament in 1714-15 and "was the
author of a Bill for the reward of £100,000 for the Pretender if found in
England".

There are also quite a lot of abstracts from wills and transcriptions from
parish registers, church tablets etc. Other names and family connections
mentioned in the booklet include Kinsey, Taylor, Rawlinson, Child, Garnons,
Goodall, Hunt and Rawdon.

Murray Hawkins
Australia