ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-07 > 1027978015

From: "John Newport" <>
Subject: Re: Arsenic Sally
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:32:07 +0100

Thanks very much Fred! He's no relation, by the way. I was interested
because my surname is NEWPORT and I have a theory that we came from the
town/village of Newport in Essex about four hundred years ago. I won't go
into the reasons as there are many and it would take too long. This Thomas
NEWPORT is the first one that I've seen in Essex. I'm not actually looking
for NEWPORTs, in Essex, as, if there is a connection, I'm nowhere near
finding it. It's just a theory.

My interest is in finding a farm owned either by a NATT or TIPLER family
about 1900 near, I believe, either 'Oxen End' or 'Broad Oak'.

Anyway, thanks very much for the information.

Regards,

John