ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-07 > 1026639659

From: "Andrew and Andrea Barham" <>
Subject: Re: Layer Breton
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:40:59 +0100

Well I hate to plug my book like this - having only been on the list for a
few days but...

"The Lost Parish Churches of Essex" by Andrew Barham (ISBN 0-86025-496-8
available through www.Amazon.co.uk or direct from the publisher: Ian Henry,
20 Park Drive, Romford, Essex RM14LH) not only has details of the church in
it (it was demolished in 1915 and was as a direct - although lingering -
result of the Earthquake of 1883) but has a reproduction of a water colour
painted of the original church in 1909 on the front cover! Have a look at my
page: http://www22.brinkster.com/barham/LostChurches.asp which gives some
more details of the churches included.

The Monumental Inscriptions lady (my apologies I have forgotten her name)
assured me that the old site has been recorded.

Andy Barham