ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-07 > 1026295967

From: Rosemary Martin <>
Subject: Re: I841 census on cd
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:12:47 +0800

Hi Listers

This may be a dumb question, but will the CDs have images of the original
Enumerators' books, or transcriptions from them? If the former, will they
be new photographs from the original documents? I ask this because many of
the LDS films I've used for 1841 census in Essex have unreadable/ blank
pages where the ink/pencil has faded away & sometimes whole villages are
unreadable? Would new photographic techniques pick up any remaining marks
& shadows better?

TIA
Rosemary