ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-04 > 1019501658

From: "Richard Goring" <>
Subject: Re: 1940s House
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:54:18 +0100

I guess the 'readymeal and takeaway lifestyle' is the norm here amongst a
large swathe of the population, else we could not suppport the number of
supermarket branches there are (to say nothing of supermarket chains'
close-to-obscene profits!).

At the same time, cookery TV programmes and live demos are enormously
popular and I do believe many of those who watch actually do try out some of
the recipes.

And even this old male, 61 today and thus born in those dark ages when a
woman's place was in the home and kitchen and a man hesitated to boil an
egg, does actually bake a cake and indulge in a few other culinary
experiences from time to time. All is not lost.

Richard Goring