ESSEX-UK-L Archives

Archiver > ESSEX-UK > 2002-04 > 1019160953

From: "Adrian C Whittaker" <>
Subject: Re: The Battle for Chesapeake Bay - 1814
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:16:14 +0100

1812 was quite an interesting year for the European nations - the British
set fire to Washington and the French set fire to Moscow. Personally I
prefer us all to be chums as we are now.

Incidentally I think we can say that the insurrection in the colonies that
started in 1776 more properly came to an end with the treaty of 1784.

Cheers,

Adrian C Whittaker in Gravesend, Kent.